We use the information we collect from our Services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, develop new services, and protect Marcy K Salon and our Users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads. We won’t share Users’ personal information with anyone except for the situations listed below or unless we specifically inform you and allow you to opt-out of sharing your personal information.
Advertising And Social Media; Sharing With Your Consent
We may use limited personal information about you, such as your email address, to hash it and share it with social media platforms, such as Facebook or Google, to generate leads, drive traffic to our websites or otherwise promote our products and services. These processing activities are based on our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest.
The social media platforms with which we may share your personal information are not controlled or supervised by Marcy K Salon. Therefore, any questions regarding how your social media service provider processes your personal information should be directed to such a provider.
Sharing between Members.
To help facilitate bookings or other interactions between Members, we may need to share certain information, including personal information, with other Members, as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, as follows:
- When you as a Guest submit a booking request, certain information about you is shared with the Host, including your profile, full name, cancellation history, and other information you agree to share. When your booking is confirmed, we will disclose additional information to assist with coordinating the travel.
- When you as a Host have a confirmed booking, certain information is shared with the Guest to coordinate the booking, such as your profile, full name, and Accommodation or Experience address
We don’t share your billing and payout information with other Members
User Profiles, Salon Listings, and Other Public Information.
Marcy K Salon lets you publish information, including personal information, that is visible to the general public. For example:
- Parts of your public profile page, such as your first name, description, and city, are publicly visible to others
- Listing pages are publicly visible and include information such as the Accommodation or Experience’s approximate location (neighborhood and city) or precise location (where you have provided your consent), Listing description, calendar availability, your public profile photo, aggregated demand information (like page views over a period of time), and any additional information you choose to share
- After completing a booking, Guests and Hosts may write Reviews and rate each other. Reviews and Ratings are a part of your public profile page and may also be surfaced elsewhere on the Marcy K Salon Website or mobile application
- If you submit content in a community or discussion forum, blog, or social media post, or use a similar feature on the Marcy K Salon site, that content is publicly visible
Based on our legitimate interest in promoting Marcy K Salon, we may display parts of your Listing page on sites operated by Marcy K Salon’s business partners, using technologies such as widgets or APIs. If your Listings are displayed on a partner’s site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
We may share your personal information with:
Authorized service providers: Our authorized service providers are companies that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include but are not limited to fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analyses, supporting the functionality of the Services, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys, and other features we offer. These service providers may access the User’s personal information to the extent necessary to perform their functions. Still, we do not allow them to share or use your personal information for any other purpose.
Marcy K Salon affiliates: We may share information we collect, including personal information, with Marcy K Salon-owned or affiliated businesses. Sharing information with our affiliates enables us to provide you with information about various products and services that might interest you.
Business Partners: We may share the User’s personal information with the merchants offering the products, services, promotions, contests, and/or sweepstakes. We will not share your personal information with these businesses unless you choose to participate in their offer or program. When you engage in a particular offer or program, you authorize us to share your email address and other information with the relevant merchant.
Contact: When you contact us, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our Services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Other Situations: We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement, or to enforce the Terms of Service or other agreements or policies
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy
We will not share your data:
- To run interest-based advertising campaigns that collect personal data such as email addresses, telephone numbers, and credit card numbers
- Using or associating personal data with remarketing lists, cookies, data feeds, or other anonymous identifiers
- Using or associating targeting information, such as demographics or location, with any personal data collected from the ad or its landing page
- To share any personal data with Google or third-party companies through our remarketing tag or any product data feeds associated with our ads
- Send Google or third-party companies precise location information without your consent
Children: The Website and related Services are not intended for children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. Children aged 13 or older should not submit any personal information without the permission of their parents or guardians. By using the Website and our related Services, you are representing that you are at least 18.
Security: We take precautions to ensure the security of your information. However, despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee that hackers or unauthorized personnel will not gain access to your personal information. You should note that in using the Website and our related Services, this information will travel through third-party infrastructures which are not under our control.
Opt-Out Policy: If, at any time after registering, you change your mind about receiving information from us or about the use of information volunteered by you, please send us a request specifying your new choice. Please contact us as specified above.